Will the front-end sidebar app make's API request from browser or marketplace?

Hi Team,

We are using a front-end sidebar application in freshdesk . Whenever we make an API request from this app, will the request directly goes from the browser or marketplace ?

Any suggestions on this would be really helpful

Hi @Ganesh_Badikalai ,

If I’m getting your question correct, you’re trying to make a rest API call from a ticket sidebar app and wanted to know if would be able to see the API request call in browser. Right?

The rest api communication will happen in usual form (communication is via browser alone). Try making a simple call & you should see the corresponding call in network tab.

Let me know if this solves your doubt. If not, please share more details on your requirement to understand better.

Thanks

Hi @mariappan

Thanks for the response.

Ganesh is working on my team, and we are trying to respond to a query from one of the customers.

If the front-end sidebar application use the Platform Request method (“client.request.get()” ) to make a call to the customer API, how will the request get initiated? Will it happen directly from the browser or get routed through the Freshdesk developer platform?

Hi @mariappan

Can you please help to clarify this query

Hi @sujeshmathew ,

Will it happen directly from the browser or get routed through the Freshdesk developer platform?

Yes, it happens via platform as you’re making use of our SDK’s request method. But, still it shouldn’t be a concern as it’s doing the same job underhood. It’s the suggested way from us to make requests to third part domains.

It helps to avoid exposing sensitive information & CORS support. You can read more about the same here

Let me know if this solves your doubt. Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.