Deprecation after new fdk 9 and platform 2.3

Hello all!

I was aware a few days ago that Freshworks now uses node.js 18 and new version of fdk and platform for custom app development. It is stated that previous versions are going to be deprecated starting July 31.

However, I am in the process of putting an app into production for a customer and no new changes are planned for a while.
After July 31, will I just have warnings about obsolete functions (like client.request that changed drastically) but the app will still work or would I have to update it after July 31?

Thank you!

Hey @Andoh4h,

Welcome to the Freshworks Developer Community :tada:

With the announcement of FDK 9, you may notice that Platform version 2.2 / Node14 is set for deprecation by July 31st, 2023 while the apps which are live will continue to function as expected but if it needs any new version updates, that would require you to migrate to Platform version 2.3 / Node18.

We would recommend you migrate the app before deprecation timelines so that app is easily maintainable.

Shoot us any queries while you are migrating! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.