Expression builder in freshservice

Hi team,

Greetings!

Can anyone tell me why the return type is disabled in the automaton?

Thanks in advance!

Hey @Bene_Immanuel,

To help you answer this better, I’ve raised a support ticket on your behalf to Freshservice team.

Thank you for stepping in, @zach_jones_noel.

Is this supposed to happen or am I missing anything?

Thank you.

Hi @Bene_Immanuel
You’re using the Condition Node(Expression builder), This would result in a value of “True” or “false” only. I want you to use the “Expression Builder” itself, which you can find below the Action/Web Request/App Nodes.

Hi @Ammar_Kaizer,

Greetings!

There are two methods in condition node

1. Match - which checks the condition and returns boolean
  2. Expression builder - which can execute math, date, and string functions and is also capable of checking conditions.

If I’m not right, it can do much more than just checking conditions like processing string operations like trim and substring and even returning the result to another node.

That’s why the return type of an expression is necessary.

Guys, correct me if I’m wrong

I trust that this ensures you take full advantage of the features provided by Freshservice.

Makes sense and the return type is not disabled in the expression builder itself.

But I have been using this (expression in condition node) for months now and it wasn’t disabled, that’s why I want to make sure that I am using it correctly.

So are there any criteria we have to meet to enable it?
Cause I don’t remember experiencing this before, or just a glitch?

Hello Benny,

Can you share with us an example of where you were able to change the return type of an expression inside of a “Condition” node? In my experience it has always been set to “Boolean” for the type with no ability to change it.

This might help identify a bug in your instance that the support team can address.

Take care,
Zach

Now I get it :+1:

Thank you for your assistance, @zach_jones_noel.

Thank you for your inputs, @Ammar_Kaizer & @Zach.

My carelessness does not constitute an emergence.
I apologize for the disturbance.

Special thanks to @Ammar_Kaizer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.