Filter api is not reliable

Hi Michele,

It seems that you have been mentioned regarding the Freshservice documentation, but the query is related to Freshdesk.

And even though, as you said, instead of using the filter API, I can go with the “list all tickets” API, here I need to loop through all the pages until I find the exact ticket.

So, instead of making a single API call, I need to make multiple calls until I get the exact match.

Hi @Anish,

my bad on the Freshservice link, but still I don’t see other options because even in Freshdesk

API responses that return a list of objects, such as View List of Tickets and View List of Contacts are paginated. To scroll through the pages, add the parameter page to the query string. The page number starts with 1. By default, the number of objects returned per page is 30. This can be adjusted by adding the per_page parameter to the query string. The maximum number of objects that can be retrieved per page is 100. Invalid values and values greater than 100 will result in an error.

https://developers.freshdesk.com/api/#pagination

Maybe the support team has another option.

Yeah, that is the reason. If the filter API works as expected, there will be only one API call to fetch the desired ticket.

But with the “list all tickets” API call, I need to traverse through the pages (1, 2, 3, etc.) until I get the desired ticket.

Please note that traversing through each page counts as an API call.

And also, you mentioned that, as per the documentation, custom fields are not supported in queries. However, there is a separate filter API for filtering tickets using custom fields. Kindly find the below link for reference: Freshdesk

Sorry, my bad

Hi @Anish , were you able to get any solution regarding the issue ?

Kindly request you to share if you have found the workaround or the fix.