Freddy Copilot for Developers Troubleshooting

Freddy Copilot for Developer is the Generative AI-powered Experience built by Freshworks for Freshworks App Developers. In this section, we highlight the resources that will enable you to get started with and make AI-driven apps using the enhanced developer experience

Content Content Type Links Content Overview
Getting Started guide Community Wiki Page Getting started Overview of the Freddy Copilot for Developers
Configuration guide Community Wiki Page Configuration Guide How to install and configure Freddy Copilot for Developers from VS Code Marketplace using API keys from AMP
App DevX with Freddy Copilot for Developers Codelabs Tutorial Tutorial End-to-end configuration guide with stepwise instructions for different Operating Systems with follow along app building experience

Common issues and resolutions

I don’t see View API Key option while configuring Freddy Copilot for Developer

You need to sign up for The Freddy Copilot Beta to view the API key. After submission of the request, you will be allocated beta access (it might take some time)
Once access is enabled, logout and login again in to your developer account, you will be able to view the API key.

Token limit exhausted

The configured token limit for the developer summit is 30000 tokens per hour. If exhausted the quota limit, wait for the cooldown period and try again. Be mindful that when using large and complex queries, it will consume an increased amount of tokens.

Packed and published app not visible under my account

Verify your API key and account association is pointing to the environment being referred to. If you have more than one developer account, then the respective account API tokens will be different and will be used for publishing the apps using the same.

Received error “not compatible with the latest version of 1.xx.x” when using Freddy Copilot for the Developer plugin

When you face an issue of this sort, upgrade your Visual Studio Code to the latest version and reload the editor.

Hi @Thakur_Ganeshsingh

Just tried to install VSC plugin and it said that is not compatible with latest version of 1.70.0. This is the July 23 release.

KR,

Rob

Hi @RobAtOpinyin ,

I would need additional context here. Are you referring to VS Code Version: 1.70.0
I have 1.79.2 (Universal) on my local. Could you please share the error details or screenshot here? I will find the RCA and try adding it to the troubleshooting doc.

Regards,
Thakur

Hi @Thakur_Ganeshsingh ,

Sorry. I am being dim. :man_facepalming:

1.70.0 is July 22 version. I need to update VSC. I have done that and it now works.

1 Like

Captured this in the troubleshooting doc. Thanks for highlighting the error.

2 Likes

Hello @Thakur_Ganeshsingh,
I just tried to set up everything to use Freddy Copilot, but I do not see the option to reveal the API-Key in my profile settings, as it is described here.

Did I miss to apply somewhere, or how do I get my API Key?

Best regards,
Thomas

1 Like

Hi @ThomasH ,

You need to sign up for the copilot beta to view the API key. It will be visible once access is enabled.

Thanks for highlighting, corrected the document to add the information

Regards,
Thakur

@Thakur_Ganeshsingh It seems like the Beta Page is not allowing me to sign up for the beta because it is failing to add me to your email subscription list (at least from what I could see in console). Am I missing something or is the beta site down?

What is the cooldown period for Freddy Copilot?