Freshdesk portal form code customisations

Need help with the following things:

1. Where do we find the codes/script to do custom changes in the freshdesk ticket form?
  2. In the Form, I need to make the attachment field compulsory, how & where can that be achieved?
  3. We are trying to pre-fill some field value in the form, and are not able to pre-fill the values for a drop down field. Want to know how to select drop down value through javascript?

Hi @Nishtha_Pandey,

Welcome to our developer community! :tada:

The ticket form can be changed in the admin settings in the portal.

Customising the whole end-user portal, it can be done by changing the code of themes. It’s in Liquid.

You can also build apps for end-user portal to customise the fields in certain logic and show a widget on the right side with a small real-estate to entirely used by your app.
If you have more questions about this end-user app, we can help with them.

If you have questions about default form configuration and portal customisation with Liquid, we do not have Freshdesk experts in our community. You can please ask your query on them to Freshdesk support (support@freshdesk.com).

1 Like

Hi Raviraj,

I am asking about the liquid code only.
In the code of themes, I could not find codes to modify the form. There are codes for portal page customisations, but not for the Portal Ticket form.
Where to make code customizations to change the ticket form?
In that form, I want to make following customizations:

1. In the Form, I need to make the attachment field compulsory, how & where can that be achieved?
  2. We are trying to pre-fill some field value in the form, and are not able to pre-fill the values for a drop down field. Want to know how to select drop down value through javascript?

Can you help with these queries.

@Nishtha_Pandey Let’s see if volunteers from the community with Liquiq customisation code knowledge can help with your request.

Meanwhile, would you be willing to check out building an end-user app on our developer platform to build some portal ticket field customisation for possible cases?

1. To make a field mandatory, there’s an interface method available for the app. But I couldn’t find the Attachments as an option. Check if it works with the input’s name, or I will help pass this feedback to the relevant product team.
  2. It’s possible to set a value for a drop-down field with this interface method via the app. You can find a sample app for the same use case here.
1 Like

Hi @Nishtha_Pandey ,

Would you need further assistance with this query? Or shall I mark this one as closed for now?

Regards,
Thakur