Manipulate attachmentsDelete only while forwarding ticket

Hi team,

I need to manipulate the ‘attachmentsDelete’ only when forwarding tickets. Ideally, by default, ‘attachmentsDelete’ should be disabled. However, when the forward button is clicked, it should be enabled.

This can be achieved either through the interface or events method, but the key requirement is that it should only enable ‘attachmentsDelete’ in the forward window and not in the ticket window.

Ticket Window:

Forward Window:

forwardDelete

Is this possible?

Hi @team,

Is there any update on this?

Hi @team,

Is there any update on this?

Hi Team,

Is there any information needed from my end to proceed further? It would be great if I could get some help with this.

Hi @Raviraj ,

Could you please help me with this?

Hi @Raviraj ,

Is there any update?

Hi Team,

Can anyone help me with this?

Hi Team,

Can anyone help me with this?

@zach_jones_noel @Thakur_Ganeshsingh

Is there any update?

Hey @Anish,

There is attachmentsDelete is available in ticket details -

try {
  let data = await client.interface.trigger("show", {
    id: "attachmentsDelete"
  });
  console.log(data); // success message
} catch (error) {
    // failure operation
  console.error(error);
}

As you mentioned conditionally hide or display for ticket reply/ticket forward window may be possible with ticket.forwardClick event. Did you try that?

Hi @zach_jones_noel ,

Is it possible to enable in the forward window only upon clicking the forward button, i.e., ticket.forwardClick event? When I attempted it, the delete attachments option remained enabled throughout the ticket page, not just in the forward section.

The situation here is that by default, our app hides the delete attachment functionality.

However, in a specific scenario, when the agent clicks only the forward button, it should enable the delete attachment functionality, making it visible to the agent.

In this scenario, if the agent clicks the forward button, we can once again hide the functionality when the agent returns to the ticket page.

However, if instead of clicking forward, the agent closes the forward window, the delete attachment functionality will remain visible to the agents on the ticket details page.

Unfortunately, we cannot listen to the close button of the forward window in this case.

Is there any solution to overcome this loophole?

Hey @Anish,

Unfortunately, we don’t have an event for forward window close.

Yeah @zach_jones_noel ,

I’m aware of that, but for our use case, the ‘delete attachment’ functionality will be disabled by default.

It should only become visible to agents upon opening the forward window and should revert to its disabled state once they return to the ticket detail page.

So that the agents can only delete attachments while forwarding

The only possible way to achieve this is to hide the ‘delete attachment’ functionality when closing the forward window. If this doesn’t occur as intended, agents can manually enable the ‘delete attachments’ functionality by clicking forward and then closing it.

Is there any workaround to achieve this?

Hi @zach_jones_noel ,

Greetings!

Is there anything required from my end?

I hope I explained the scenario. Could you please help me with this?

Thank you.

Hey @Anish,
I still don’t have a workaround solution for this use-case.

Hi @zach_jones_noel ,

Thank you for the confirmation.