When asking questions and reporting issues, share the context and specific details to understand and troubleshoot the issue. Effective solutioning could resolve the problem sooner without further back-to-back discussions.
When helping the community with developers’ queries, request the relevant information to get the full context to understand the problem to assist in better and quicker ways.
How to help for an effective solutioning?
By asking clear questions with enough information to give context and reproduce the issue, the community can quickly jump in to provide the solution and their thoughts.
What are the required information?
Depending on the problem and query type, some of this information may vary and be invalid.
- Browser name and version (Example: Google Chrome 57.0.1 (64-bit))
- FDK version (Example: V6.5.1) (
fdk versioncommand will return the current version)
- Error messages & notifications screenshots
- Web browser console logs, FDK debug logs, and Serverless logs.
- HAR file with network logs from the web browser
- Steps to reproduce the issue
- Relevant code snippet
- Video recording or GIF (if necessary to understand the flow)
- Links to the referred platform or product API documentation
How to attach the information?
The developer forum is public and wide open on the internet except for some moderator spaces and a Direct Messaging feature with Moderators. So, please be cautious about what you share in public.
- You can share all the non-sensitive information along with the topic or post publicly.
- For some information with sensitive data and business logic, please remove the specific data of your business logic and sensitive information.
- Please refrain from sending sensitive information that cannot be filtered out and sent even if the contributors and moderators ask for it publicly. Feel free to suggest moderators reach out to you via Forum inbox; it will also help moderators loop in internal engineers to work on the reported issue.
- The FDK debug logs will contain sensitive information from the installation parameters and network requests. So, please do not post them on a public post. Share it only over a private conversation if required.
What are the sensitive information?Any information you share that particularly identifies you can be called sensitive information. The following information might have some sensitive data,
- Error messages, Screenshots, Video recordings, and GIF
- Web browser console logs
- HAR file with web browser network logs
- Code snippets - It might have your application’s business logic that you may not like to see in public.
These are some of the known areas. There could be more areas that may contain sensitive data about your application and business.
Please provide all the applicable information to your query or issue report without exposing sensitive data.