Add Attachments to Service Request

Hi Team,

I would like to attach document to the service request. Do we have any option to it through API’s?

@Freddy, Pls help us

Hi Venkatgupta,

Yes, you can attach a document to the service request through API’s. To do this, you can use a POST request with multipart/form-data as content type. Here’s a sample request:

URL: https://your-organization.api.com/api/service-requests/{request_id}/attachments
Method: POST
Headers:
  - Content-Type: multipart/form-data
  - Authorization: Bearer {access_token}

Form data:
  - file: (binary of your file)
  - filename: (your desired filename)

Replace {request_id} with the ID of the service request you want to attach the document to, and {access_token} with your access token for authentication.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

@Freddy Does the provided solution is for FreshService?

Apologies for any confusion, Venkatgupta. Yes, I can provide you with a solution for attaching a document to a service request specifically in Freshservice. To do this, you will use the Freshservice API. Here’s a sample request:

URL: https://your-domain.freshservice.com/api/v2/tickets/{ticket_id}/attachments
Method: POST
Headers:
  - Content-Type: multipart/form-data
  - Authorization: Basic {api_key}

Form data:
  - attachment[]: (binary of your file)

Replace {ticket_id} with the ID of the service request (also referred to as a ticket in Freshservice) you want to attach the document to, and {api_key} with your base64 encoded API key for authentication (formatted as ‘api_key:X’). Please note that the ‘X’ is required in the base64 encoding.

Here is a Python example using the ‘requests’ library:

import requests
import base64

api_key = "your_api_key"
your_domain = "your_domain"
ticket_id = "your_ticket_id"
file_path = "your_file_path"

auth_header = "Basic " + base64.b64encode((api_key + ":X").encode("ascii")).decode("ascii")
headers = {
    "Authorization": auth_header,
}

with open(file_path, "rb") as f:
    files = {"attachment[]": (file_path, f)}
    response