Button to trigger HTTP Post

Im looking for an app that puts a button in the side panel that when clicked can trigger a webhook.

Im wanting to pass some data (ticket fields and last private note content) to power automate to get it all into a spreadsheet. I’ve managed to do this now via the ticket update automation but would prefer a manual trigger (button) if possible.

I have had a look at making my own app and have started on it but thought id check before going too far, in case there something I’m missing that already exists.

Hello @ajg ,
Welcome to the Freshworks Community :tada:

You can create a custom Freshworks app to achieve this functionality. Here’s a simple outline of the steps you need to follow:

1. Create a new Freshworks app using the Freshworks CLI (Command Line Interface) by running fdk create and selecting the appropriate product (Freshdesk or Freshservice).
  2. In the manifest.json file, add the ticket_sidebar location to the product object. This will place your app in the ticket sidebar.
"locations": {
  "ticket_sidebar": {
    "url": "index.html",
    "icon": "icon.svg"
  }
}

3.In the index.html file, add a button that will trigger the webhook when clicked.
4. In the app/scripts/app.js file, add an event listener for the button click and use the Freshworks Data Methods to get ticket details and Request Template Methods to fetch the call the webhook.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi Anthony,

I believe this app can do what you’re looking for.

Regards,
Arun Rajkumar

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.