Checklist or easier tasks

We currently have a daily checklist that we complete via an Excel document. I’d like to migrate this to a daily ticket in Freshservice. I could do this and create tasks for each item on our checklist, however tasks are a bit cumbersome in my opinion. Being able to create a Service Request with an interactive checklist would be ideal for a daily checklist. We could add notes like we currently do with SR’s. Or, alternatively, make tasks a little easier to work with. Being able to add a comment to a task, vs editing the task itself would be great. There isn’t a way to determine what the original task was vs what was added to it after the fact.

Hello @srh I have to agree…wish tasks were more robust for tickets. It would be nice to be able to add further documentation within a task.

I also really like the idea of a “Checklist” field type that would allow us to generate checklists. Great ideas! +1 vote from me :slight_smile:

Thanks for bringing this up @srh!

I realise this is a feature request for Freshservice. The developer in me wonders if we can solve this with an app in the ticket sidebar. Maybe this app can mask the complexity of working with Tasks and expose an interactive UI while internally communicating with the Freshservice REST API. Not the ideal solution that you are looking for, but this might be quicker and quite enjoyable to build.

3 Likes

That is a great idea!!! I might have to add that project to my backlog and see what I can come up with. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.