Company creation fails with name being stated as duplicate

Trying to create a company record i get validation failed and the name being stated as being a duplicate upon searching through the records i could not find one with the name even similar to the one being created. The error persists after trying to create it from UI as well.

Is it possible that deleted records are also checked when trying to create a new record ? If so how do we permanently delete records so that new ones can be created with “taken” names.

Hi @Freddy your inputs please

Freddy said Hi @Petar_Spasic, it’s possible that deleted records are still being checked when you try to create a new company record. To address this issue, you can try the following:

1. Check your database for any “soft-deleted” records. Some systems don’t fully delete records but instead mark them as deleted or archived. If this is the case, you may need to change the status of these records or remove them from the database entirely.

2. If your system has a record history or audit log, you can try searching through the log for any instances of the desired company name. This might help you identify where the duplicate name is coming from.

3. Clear any caches or temporary storage your system may be using. Sometimes errors persist due to cached data, so clearing these caches may resolve the issue.

4. Review the validation rules for creating a new company record. Ensure that the rule isn’t overly restrictive, preventing you from creating a new record with the desired name.

5. If you have access to the programming code or database queries, you can modify the performed checks to only look for active records or exclude deleted records when validating a new company name.

If none of these methods work, you might want to reach out to your system’s technical support team for further assistance.

That is not what i was asking about, i am simply wandering does Freshdesk check deleted records and validate against them when we try to create a new record either through UI or API.