Connect to an private API Gateway

Hi everyone

Hope you are doing well I need to connect to an API, this API is private and you can connect with the API using the authorize domain wich I provide to the owner of the API ( in this case the authorized domain is my instances of Freshdesk Omnichannel ). Now my question is: To connect with this private API i need to put the url domain of the API and the url of my instances in the whitelist domain to indicate that the request will be from my instance. Is that right ?

Is there a way to indicate to the custom app that my domain is the domain authorized by the api to make requests?

Once again thank you so much for your help.

Regards

Hi @Andrea_Lopez_Vargas,
Good day!
You can use the request API with static IP enabled,
with this, you can configure your API with this static IP

Kindly refer to this for more reference

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi Santhosh

Hope you are doing well. Thank you so much, The thing is: How I make the requests from my instance, wich is the url authorized to make this tipe of request. Is this possible? Is there a way to indicate that my request are from my url instance ( Freshdesk )

Yes,
With this static IP enabled, when you are making an API call from the app, it will always go with this IP only, so you can configure this in your API that authorizes the request if it is coming from this IP.

Thanks

Hi Santhosh,

so… basically I need to put the IP of my freshdesk instance in the option parameters right ? to indicate that the request are made it from my freshdesk instance. Is that right ? If thats correct… how can i see the ip of my freshdesk instance?

Once again thank you so much from your help

Regards

actually, if you add static IP to true, whenever you are making an API call, it will go via that IP only
i.e Platform will send the request through the mentioned static IPs only

Thanks

Hi Santhosh

Thank you for your answer. In this case i need to configure my custom app to tell to the api that the request will be only send from my freshdesk instance. The thing is:

The owner of the api request a domain to configure her api to only make requests from the specific url. In this case i share with the owner my freshdesk instances and the owner of the api give me authorization to connect with his API only from my freshdesk instance. Right now I dont know how to connect with the api using my url instance making a custom app. Is there a way to indicate that the request are made from that freshdesk url ?

Regards

@Andrea_Lopez_Vargas,
Can you please schedule office hours with our team to get more understanding on the same?

Thanks

Hi,

Ok Let me explain better: The owner of the API ( the api that i want to connect with my freshdesk custom app) is a private API. To access to this API the owner of the same had to configure the api to give access only to the url of my freshdesk instance to make all type of request.

Now, Im trying to connect to the API from my freshdesk instance and I dont know how to see if the request are made it from my url instances because I give the error 401.

Regards

@Andrea_Lopez_Vargas

As far as I understand, the private API (3rd party) needs a source of API request’s domain to be allowlisted within the 3rd party system to give an appropriate response.

The apps built on the Freshworks developer platform reside on https://d3h0owdjgzys62.cloudfront.net” . You see if the response gets in if that’s whitelisted.

Sometimes, 3rd party systems also want IPs to be whitelisted to give the response back to the app. In those cases, static IP feature of the Request Method comes into play.