[Custom End-User App] Setting options for a drop-down field does not work

Hi everyone,

I am currently building an end-user app and one of my requirements for this app is to set the options of a dropdown field with data from an API call.

However, I noticed that the “setOptions” method is not functional or throws an error for me.

To illustrate this, I have inserted the following code from the documentation into my app:

async function onAppActivate() {
    console.info("On App Activate");

try {
        let data = await client.interface.trigger("setOptions", {
            id: "ticket_type",
            value: ["incident", "question", "problem"],
        });
        console.log("Data:", data);
    } catch (err) {
        console.error("Error occured. Details:", err);
    }
}

I would actually expect to see the options “Incident”, “Question” and “Problem” in the dropdown. Instead, only the standard selection options for this field are displayed, which I have stored in the administration dashboard for the ticket fields.

I get the following error in the developer console of my browser:

Log from Developer Console

“Inkorrekte Optionen angegeben” means “Incorrect options specified”.

As a test, I have also tried to set the options of other dropdown fields - also without success and with the same error message. However, other methods such as “disable” or “setRequired” work.

I cannot explain where the error lies or how I can prevent it and would therefore be very grateful if you could help me.

Kind regards.

Hi @tim.hofmann,

Plz, check if your ticket_type fields have these values and try again my friend.

Hey @Bene_Immanuel ,

this helped! I didn’t know the options had to exist for the ticket field.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.