Date Field issue in Freshsales

Hello Team,

From the Mysql table, we are getting the date as “2021-06-07” but when the same date is updated in the Freshsales date field, then the date updated will be “2021-06-06” (i.e. one day date will be updated in the field).

Can we have a solution for this?

Regards,
Akhil S Kulkarni

Hey @Akhil_Kulkarni

On top of my mind I think the reason could be because of
the timezone difference of the servers? Also how are you updating the date you got from the db in fresservice?

1 Like

@velmurugan,

I am sending the date as " 2021-06-07" in the Freshsales account.

The customer is in the EST timezone.

Does this affect the updating of the date in the Freshsales account?

Regards,
Akhil S Kulkarni

Hello Team,

Can I get a solution for this issue?

Regards,
Akhil S Kulkarni

Hey Akhil,

The only valid explanation I could come up with is the timezone difference is there any way you could use libraries such as moment-timezone to transform the time to the required timezone?

Stay Safe :slight_smile:

@velmurugan,

Thanks for the support.

I will try the suggested approach and let you know if it works.

Regards,
Akhil S K

@velmurugan ,

The date was getting populated correctly for last 2 months but suddenly from yesterday again the same issue can be seen.

Please provide an solution for this as this is a high priority request.

Regards,
Akhil S Kulkarni

Hey @Akhil_Kulkarni,

Could you please check if any of the updates you pushed recently caused this or check with the freshsales support if your account is in the same region/timezone? this could happen if there is difference in time zone, also could you check if the method/function to convert the timezone is working by hardcoding the values and validating it for expected result

Hope this helps!

Stay Safe :slight_smile:

@velmurugan ,

We are directly passing the date as “21-10-2021” and there is no issue with the region/timezone.

We are not using any method to convert the date as well.

So, please let me know if anything can be done from your side as it is updating correctly for sometime and now it is not.

Regards,
Akhil S K