Excluding Merged Tickets from Reports

Support have advised I need to post here as they are unable to help

I want to exclude Merged tickets within our own PowerBI report suite.

The in product Freshdesk Reports exclude merged tickets. Can someone tell me what columns/tables link/flag that a case is merged so we can build this into our own reporting.

Kind Regards

Martin

You can select the Merged Ticket field in your data export under “Ticket Fields”. The filter your reports for false values on this field. Or, you can exclude them from the data export using the built in filters

@martinjump, were you able to try @GlenUK 's approach?

I’m aware of how to do it in the extract in Freshdesk, what I need to understand is what fields in the database these options are selecting so we can replicate in the nightly data extracts that feed into our BI tools. We pull all the data, so I’m not looking to create a feed that excludes them, but once we have all the data how do I exclude.

I want to exclude Merged tickets within our own PowerBI report suite.

The in product Freshdesk Reports exclude merged tickets. Can someone tell me what columns/tables link/flag that a case is merged so we can build this into our own reporting.

So I’m looking for’

In table X there is column Y and anything with a ‘1’ is merged, or there is a Merge table and this has the two ticket IDs you need to link on them.

Any updates on this as FD Support asked me to post here for FD Developers to assist

Hey @martinjump
I have done a more or less bodgy workaround for this by having an automation, which marks a ticket as being merged.
The automation triggers when the merging function sets the note:

By having this, I am able to mark nearly all merged tickets and do get nearly the same numbers in FD analytics and our BI.

I have to admit, that I am not very happy with this solution, but it works for almost all merged tickets.
So would be happy if there is another solution by having the exact same property as FD analytics does.

Best,
Thomas

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.