Fdk can't pack due to vendor issue

Hi,

I could build and test a Vue 3 cli app for Freshdesk that runs quite well now in debug mode using the fdk run command.

However now I am trying to run fdk pack I have an error in the vendor compiled file, here is what is printed:

[ERROR] app/scripts/vendors.e33059d4.js::1: Parsing error: Invalid regular expression flag

And I am unable to see where the error is into this compiled vendor file. Any help and suggestion would be welcome!

I am wondering if this could be related to this issue so I tried to update the FDK to the latest version 8+ but when I run fdk -v I always see 6.13.2 and for node I am running 14.21.2 as you can see in attached screenshot.

To add a bit more info, I just tried to run the command below, and it packed the app correctly:

fdk pack -v lint

Kind of hacky way, but would that be the right way to do?

To add a bit more info, I just tried to run the command below, and it packed the app correctly:

fdk pack -v lint

Looks like cheating a bit with lint validation, but would that be the right way to do?

I have not worked extensively with frontend frameworks in Freshworks apps, so we’ll have to wait for someone with frontend expertise to help here.

Re: FDK, to get to the latest FDK v8, you can try to uninstall FDK and reinstall it from the latest sources.

npm remove -g fdk
npm install https://dl.freshdev.io/cli/fdk.tgz -g

Hope that helps.

Hi @kaustavdm thanks for the tip.
I already did this many times: the uninstall works, the re-install works, exactly with the command you pasted, but at the end, when I print fdk -v I always get 6.13.2 that’s weird isn’t it? take a look:

This looks like an issue with the installation path. Maybe the fdk command is being picked up from a different place than where npm is installing fdk. Can you search for the path using a command like which fdk and see if you can manually uninstall?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.