FreshSales Custom App not loading from local

I have been using the tutorial “Quick Start” in order to create a custom application for my freshsales CRM and as described in step number 5 “Test your App” I was able to run it successfully and I added dev=true in the link as shown below.

but I am not able to see the application anywhere not even in the left_nav_cti as shown below. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

Hi @ujwaldeeps ,

Good day!

From your screenshot, I can understand you’re in contact list view. Can you click on one of the contact → open in details view & try appending dev=true. It should work. Your url would look something like this https://xxx.fsales.io/contacts/879144?dev=true

You should see your app running in local with [In dev] tag as below,

Thanks

1 Like

@mariappan Thank you for your reply. Indeed I can see my test application in the Contacts details view.
But for my use case, I want to use “left_nav_cti” as described here and replace it with my custom app. But it won’t work. Any idea why?

Also for your information, my URL looks something like this:

> https://xxx.myfreshworks.com/crm/sales/contacts/70062498304?dev=true

Hi @ujwaldeeps ,

Ok, got it. left_nav_cti location is allocated for the Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)/phone app alone. Can you confirm if your app satisfy this?

Please read about CTI apps here - Computer Telephony Integration(CTI) Framework : Freshservice

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for the information. One question, will this be available in my FreshSales CRM? As I can see, the instructions are for FreshService! :upside_down_face:

Hi @ujwaldeeps ,

You should be able to build CTI apps for CRM as well. Check if this helps - Develop Cloud-Telephony Integration (CTI) for Freshworks CRM

For generic information on CTI integrations - Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) | Freshdesk Contact Center Blog

Hope this helps!

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.