Hacktober is here! And there’s a lot you can contribute to the Freshworks developer community
Hacktoberfest is a month-long event that encourages
developers everyone to contribute to open-source projects they love, enjoy, and rely on. On successful contributions by getting at least 4 PRs merged, DigitalOcean delivers a token of appreciation with swags.
During this Hacktoberfest, let us appreciate this opportunity to build and level up the learning experience over github code repositories that handheld many experienced and new developers here to understand and build apps on the Freshworks developer platform, which continues to do so.
Here is how you can participate in Hacktoberfest and start contributing to the sample apps.
- Go to https://hacktoberfest.com/ and initiate to connect your GitHub account, be sure to read the quality guidelines
- Pick an issue from the Hacktoberfest 2022 project board in the Freshworks Developer GitHub organization, or feel free to create new issues by following the issue templates for any missing things.
- After addressing the assigned issue, raise a PR following the templates and tag the specific issue.
Issues with status open in the board are un-assigned and ready to take up for contributions and to avoid work conflicts and duplication, comment on the issue you want to work on to get it assigned to yourself.
- Let’s use stick with GitHub Issue comments for any discussion related to the issues on the Hacktoberfest board
- Anything else? We welcome you to create topics here with tag “hacktoberfest”
For any questions related to Hacktoberfest and getting started, feel free to comment on this topic for clarification
Maybe it’s your first time or nth time to open source contributions, please be sure to check out and follow the Contributions guidelines and Code of Conduct, this helps you to understand how we expect you to be a responsible and valuable contributor
Keep committing, we are excited to merge your PRs