General Questions On Custom App - Side Bar location in New Ticket Screen

Hi Guys,
I’m newbie in Freshworks and have a couple of general questions first to understand better how we can embed the custom app on different screens of the FreshDesk App.

• I have a custom app[A widget] that was added to ticket details screen at the bottom of the side bar but looking to see if I can add it to the new ticket screen right below the Contact Widget.

• How can I have the widget open all the time just like the contact widget on any screen.

• If I had to have my custom widget on new ticket page and ticket details page is that possible to use the same app under product object with an array of location objects within manifest.json

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Sahithi

Welcome to the Freshworks developer forum, We are excited to have you onboard :slight_smile:

To answer your questions

yes it is possible to have your app render in multiple locations, you can add multiple locations by adding the different locations in manifest.json, below is an example the same,
manifest.json

{
  "platform-version": "2.0",
  "product": {
    "freshdesk": {
      "location": {
        "ticket_sidebar": {
          "url": "template.html",
          "icon": "icon.svg"
        },
        "ticket_attachment":{
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

the apps cannot be made to be display always on the screen, all the app location needs the user to manually open the app. Although there are app locations for your app to run the app in the background like ( ticket_background, time_entry_background, contact_background, new_ticket_background and others), you can find all the app locations here

I am assuming that you are asking if you need multiple apps for multiple locations, please correct if I’m mistaken, you can use the same app for multiple locations, like the example snippet given above or you can just use a different HTML and js for different locations like in the example given below, the choice is yours. please make sure to read the documentation about app location specific features such as Data API.

{
  "platform-version": "2.0",
  "product": {
    "freshdesk": {
      "location": {
        "ticket_sidebar": {
        },
        "ticket_attachment":{
          "url": "index.html",
          "icon": "icon-1.svg"
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Hope this helps!

Stay Safe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for a quick reply. This definitely helps. I still have an impediment on adding my custom app to new ticket screen since the documentation for “New Ticket Page” location mentions that, the custom app will be added within contact details widget instead of the side bar. Any suggestions on how I can have my app as an individual widget.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.