Get all the related IPs of the custom APP

Hello Team,

I have developed the APP and installed as a custom APP in customer’s Freshservice account.

We need all the IP addresses related to the custom APP so that the customer can whitelist it in there Jira account and we can use the Jira APIs.

Please find the APP ID:
(https://developers.freshworks.com/account/apps/45642-fs-jira_latest_integration_app)

Regards,
Akhil S K

1 Like

@Akhil_Kulkarni ,
Good Day!
I hope you are using request API to make API calls to your third-party API’s.
There is a feature called static IP in request API with all IP ranges, you can make use of this feature to whitelist it in Jira.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

@Santhosh,

Here I need to access the Jira APIs not the Freshservice APIs.

So, when a request is sent from the Freshservice custom APP (via a particular IP address), first this particular IP has to be whitelisted in the customer’s Jira account, then only we can access their URL and the respective Jira APIs.

Please let me know if this clarifies all your doubts otherwise let me know if we can have a quick call to discuss further.

Regards,
Akhil S K

@Akhil_Kulkarni ,
As I said, you can use Request API with Static IP true and if you enabled this feature, the Request going from the App will always be in this IP ranges and you can white list this IP in the customers Jira account.

Hope it helps

1 Like

@Santhosh,

Can you please provide me a code snippet of the code on how to use the static IP in the request API?

Regards,
Akhil S K

1 Like

@Akhil_Kulkarni

example:

client.request.post("https://helloworld.freshservice.com/api/tickets", {
      headers: {
        Authorization: "Basic <%= encode(iparam.username + \":\" + iparam.password) %>"
      },
      staticIP: true,
      body: JSON.stringify({
        priority: 1,
        description: "Test",
        subject: "<%= iparam.subjectPrefix %> Hello there",
        email: "tom@outerspace.com"
      })
     });
IP Ranges

Here is the list of IPs you must whitelist when using Request APIs if IP whitelisting is enabled on the Freshservice support portal or you wish to whitelist requests from your app.

Region IPs
United States 18.233.117.211 and 35.168.222.30
Europe-Central 18.197.138.225 and 52.57.69.21
India 13.232.159.149 and 13.233.170.242
Australia 13.211.182.225 and 52.63.187.64

please visit this page for more reference

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.