How to change the email that notifies (From) the ticket's requester

Hi everyone, hope you’re doing great!

I’ve got a question regarding the Freshservice Ticket’s API. I want to change the email that notifies the ticket’s requester through the API, more specifically while creating the ticket

To be clearer, it’s this option here the “From”:

In the API’s documentation, I didn’t find a field that represents this option.

Thanks in advance!

@Freddy can we achieve this case?

Hi Matheus, Gopi, and everyone,

To achieve this, you can use the Freshservice API to set the “reply_to” email address when creating or updating a ticket. This will change the “From” email address in the notifications sent to the requester. Here’s a JSON example of how to do this while creating a ticket:

{
  "helpdesk_ticket": {
    "description": "Ticket description",
    "subject": "Ticket subject",
    "email": "requester@email.com",
    "priority": 1,
    "status": 2,
    "source": 2,
    "reply_to": "custom_email@example.com"
  }
}

Please note that the “reply_to” field in the JSON represents the “From” email address.

You can find more information on the Freshservice Tickets API here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Hi everyone!

I didn’t find “reply_to” field in the API documentation, and when I tried using it, this error occurred:

{
  "field":"reply_to",
  "message":"Unexpected/invalid field in request",
  "code":"invalid_field"
}

I apologize for the confusion earlier. It seems that the “reply_to” field is not directly available in the Freshservice Tickets API. I’m sorry for the incorrect information provided before.

That being said, you might consider the following alternative solution:

1. Utilize the Freshservice Email Configurations API to create a new email configuration with the desired “From” email address.
  2. Set up a Dispatcher in Freshservice to send notifications using the newly created email configuration.
  3. Make sure that the Dispatcher is configured to use the criteria or conditions that apply to the tickets you want to handle this way.

Here’s an example of how to create a new email configuration via API:

{
  "email_config": {
    "name": "Custom Email",
    "email": "custom_email@example.com",
    "active": true
  }
}

Please note that this approach relies on Dispatchers to set the “From” email, and you can’t change it directly per ticket using the API. Also, keep in mind that the Email Configurations API is available only for Freshservice Estate and Forest plans.

I hope this solution proves helpful. Let me know if you have any further questions or need assistance.