How to get merged ticket only

Hello,

Is there a way to get the merged information of a ticket with the Data Method in custom application? I’m would like to know which ticket is being merged into which other ticket but currently I don’t find any way to get this information.

Hey @Lance,

Merged ticket details are not part of the object in Data method - ticket, alternatively. Have you tried making an API invocation with a request method to get child tickets?

Let me know if this helps.

I’m fine with getting child tickets by checking the association type and associated ticket ids but I can’t find any information regarding the merged ticket. The API result didn’t show any relation between a merged primary and secondary ticket.

associated_tickets_list would be available with all the merged ticket ids.

Additional Information
The 'associated_tickets_list' attribute returns an array of associated ticket IDs based on the association type value

When association_type is 1 (Parent), it will return the list of child IDs associated with the respective parent.
When association_type is 2 (Child), it will return the respective parent ticket ID.
When association_type is 3 (Tracker), it will return the list of related ticket IDs associated with the respective tracker.
When association_type is 4 (Related), it will return the respective tracker ticket ID.

And also with ticket association API.

Thank you for the reply.

I have tested this API in my Freshdesk instance with postman but getting 404 Not Found response. I’m not sure if it’s some configuration setting I have to change for my instance.

I also tried the same API endpoint with the request template invocation method in my serverless application. Still getting 404 Not Found response.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.