Identifying the Cause of API Limit Errors

Hi Guys!

"text": "Error while getting freshdesk ticket... {\"status\":429,\"headers\":{\"date\":\"Mon, 06 May 2024 15:17:29 GMT\",\"content-length\":\"0\",\"connection\":\"close\",\"x-fw-ratelimiting-managed\":\"true\",\"retry-after\":\"7\",\"x-envoy-ratelimited\":\"true\",\"x-envoy-upstream-service-time\":\"6\",\"x-trace-id\":\"00-6bc3df09493f3afa35bc75ff6aa38e49-7f7b75463a7495c8-00\",\"nel\":\"{ \\\"report_to\\\": \\\"nel-endpoint-freshdesk\\\", \\\"max_age\\\": 2592000, \\\"include_subdomains\\\": true}\",\"report-to\":\"{ \\\"group\\\": \\\"nel-endpoint-freshdesk\\\", \\\"max_age\\\": 2592000, \\\"include_subdomains\\\": true, \\\"endpoints\\\": [{\\\"url\\\": \\\"https://edge-admin.eu-central-1.freshedge.net/nelreports/freshdesk\\\"}]}\",\"server\":\"fwe\",\"x-request-id\":\"e6adc2c9-fa7b-49b9-957f-c3c519cdf56d\"},\"response\":\"\",\"attempts\":1,\"errorSource\":\"APP\"}"

This is the error that I get when I try to fetch multiple Tickets at a time.
Now I would like to know, whether this error is caused by the actual API limit itself or by the client method(the basic 50 API limit controlled by proxy).

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.

I’m thinking about the "errorSource\":\"APP\".

May be this is the way to find the cause of the API limit, but what would be the value of errorSource if the error is thrown by the Actual API limit instead of client method?

@Thakur_Ganeshsingh, @zach_jones_noel & @Raviraj.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks in advanced.

Hey @Bene_Immanuel,
This looks like the API rate limit error, if it had been from the platform’s request method, it would have given you an error message and would have also given you the rate limit breach.

Hi @zach_jones_noel,

Thanks for pitching in!

I couldn’t quite understand this. Could you simplify it a bit for me? An example would also help me understand this better.

Before that, could you confirm a few things?

So, you are saying this error is actually from the server and not from the proxy?

If so, if it is from the server, then this error should contain the rates and rate limit breach information, right?

Also, if this is from the server, shouldn’t the error source be labelled as “platform” or something similar?

Thank you.

1 Like