Linking my frontend fdk app into Freshdesk customer portal homepage

I am new to Freshworks and I already have a Freshdesk customer portal from my organization which is used by users to view their tickets, etc by logging in. In addition to this, I want to add a new tab in the navigation bar or homepage of the customer portal layout, which will run my custom app created using fdk cli (I used the basic template to create a simple frontend app that will display “hello world” text).

How can I add my created app using into Portal customization layout? Is there any specific placeholder I have to put in the manifest.json? Or Should I make any code changes in Portal Customization (Portal home/layout)? If so, what should it be?

FYI, I tried doing fdk run of my created app with placeholder as ‘ticket_sidebar’ and was able to see my app under tickets as expected.

Hi Prathiba Ramesh,
Based on the documentation, I believe the only supported locations are on the ticket detail page and the page for creating a new ticket.

You can change the location by modifying the manifest.json of your application.

I’m not sure if there’s a workaround, but I hope this answer helps you!

Thanks for your reply, but is there any placeholder for the Navigation bar ?
From the below link, I can see that we are allowed to customize the customer portal.

I tried adding a new tab in the navbar (which will take you to a third party URL) using the above reference and I was successfully able to do so. In a similar way, Do you have any idea if I can add my custom app to this navbar tab? How to do so? It would be great if you can add some code snippet and steps

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.