Mark ticket as responded manually

Hi,
At present, the only way to have a ticket marked as responded to is to send an email.
We have a P1 SLA with a very short response time and the majority of these tickets are handled over the phone or in person.
It would be very useful if an agent can mark the ticket as having been responded to manually whilst they are on the call so that the response SLA is not breached whilst they are actually resolving the issue

Hi @MikeCarnie,

Welcome to Freshworks Developer Community :fireworks: :bouquet:

I understand the P1 SLA response time related issue is of utmost importance. Could you provide more details on the ask “issue having been manually responded”.

Regards,
Thakur

So at present, you have to send an email to trigger the function which marks the ticket as having been responded to.
I would like the ability to enable a button or something similar where by an agent can trigger the same function in the event the agent is either on the phone with that user, or perhaps if they have gone to the user’s desk.
Sending the user an email just to mark the ticket as responded in this situation is a little bit superfluous given they are already speaking to or with that user

Hi @MikeCarnie ,

Thanks for your patience. The issue is being discussed internally. I shall update the progress accordingly.

Regards,
Thakur

Hi @MikeCarnie ,

Thanks for your patience. We couldn’t respond sooner as we were occupied with Developer Summit that took place last month and this slipped through the cracks.

We had a detailed discussion internally and found out that this is more of a feature request and not tied up to developer experience specific activities. We do have a separate community forum for raising such feature requests. Kindly post it on the same so that product team can prioritise this request.

Once again apologies for the delayed response and appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Thakur

Thanks, I did not realise there was a separate area! I have done this so this can be closed

1 Like