Native Report in Fresh service

Hello Team,

Here we have a query that is it possible to filter the agent and their time entries for a ticket with cumulative time based on a specific company?

If there are any company-based filters on the native report section in the Fresh service kindly guide us regarding the same

Meantime - Need to verify based on the company and belonging with that company agents are able to filter.

I assume you want to know how many hours an agent (of a company) has spent on a specific ticket. I don’t think there’s a straightforward API available. You may have to use a combination of logic and API calls.

Before I could think of steps from the Freshservice docs, I didn’t see “Companies” as a module in Freshservice. Do you mean vendors? Would you please help me understand the business use case a bit more?

Sure Saif,

Here the client needs to get the report based on the companies with some filters.

They need to filter out the agent time entries for a ticket associated with a particular company.

As you said to try with the Vendor API, we can’t fetch the time entries based on that.

So we are searching for it on the native report, can you please assist with that?