Proposal: Add a TypeScript Template to the FDK

Hello Community,
I hope everyone is doing well!!

One thing I’ve noticed is the growing popularity and demand for TypeScript in the broader development community. TypeScript offers static typing, which can significantly improve code quality, reduce runtime errors, and enhance the developer experience with better autocompletion, type checking, and refactoring capabilities.

With these benefits in mind, I’d like to propose the addition of a TypeScript template to the FDK. This would allow developers to kick-start their Freshworks app development with TypeScript, leveraging its advantages from the get-go.

Benefits of Adding a TypeScript Template:

1. Improved Code Quality: Static typing can help catch errors at compile-time rather than runtime.
  2. Enhanced Developer Experience: Better autocompletion, type checking, and refactoring capabilities.
  3. Future-Proofing: As more and more projects adopt TypeScript, having support for it in the FDK ensures that we’re keeping up with industry standards.

I believe that by integrating TypeScript support into the FDK, we can offer an even more robust and developer-friendly environment. I’d love to hear thoughts, feedback, or any potential concerns from the community.

Thank you for considering this proposal, and I look forward to the discussion!! :slightly_smiling_face:

You definetly got my vote :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And my vote too. :slight_smile:

This is definitely required.

2 Likes