The Events method in Freshdesk isn't working

Hi Team,

I am trying to perform some actions using the event trigger methods (ticket.forward, ticket.conversationForward, ticket.forwardClick).

However, none of the above-mentioned events are triggering, although I thought I might have missed something. I tried another event, “ticket.replyClick,” and it triggered as expected.

I have shared the sample snippet used for triggering, for your reference. Kindly help us with this.

async function renderApp() {
  const onInit = await app.initialized();

window.client = onInit;

client.events.on("ticket.replyClick", () => {
    console.log("replyClick");
  });
  client.events.on("ticket.forwardClick", () => {
    console.log("forwardClick");
  });
  client.events.on("ticket.conversationForward", () => {
    console.log("conversationForward");
  });
  client.events.on("ticket.forward", () => {
    console.log("forward");
  });
}

document.onreadystatechange = function () {
  renderApp();
};

It would be great if you could identify what or where we might have missed.

Isn’t the return value of app.initialized() the client, so just change onInit with client?

Hi @juliankleine

Here, I am getting the client; there are no issues with it.

If the client is not properly initialized, the replyClick event should not trigger as well, is it?

But it’s working as expected.

Hi @team,

Is there any update on this?

Hi @channel,

Hi @team,

It would be great if anyone could help me check if I missed something.

Hi @Anish,

I have tested these events and it works fine in my account with the same syntax shared by you.
Can you check again or confirm the steps again on how is this tested?

Hi, @Raviraj,

I have tested it with both local and custom apps. Only the reply event was triggered; the others remained inactive.

@Anish I have tested with the local environment before and the custom app now. Both the times, all the 4 events are working fine in my environment.

Could you share the complete app script code and a screengrab of testing the events?
If we still cannot find anything, we can have a call for troubleshooting.

Sure, @Raviraj ,

I have tested again both locally and also as a custom app, but I’m still encountering the same issue. Only the reply event seems to be working for me.

I have shared it with you in the video below. I also attached the zip file of the sample app.

App Zip:
sampleUi_2.3.zip (4.9 KB)

Video reference (
Kindly download it as soon as possible; it’s an expirable link. We were unable to upload the video normally as it exceeds 8 MB.)

Please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance from my end for more clarification.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Raviraj ,

Is there anything I missed? I kindly need your assistance on this.

Awaiting your response!

Hi Anish,

Thanks for sharing the app file and video recording of the steps.

I see that forward options open the text editor on the right side with some threads pane. It’s not the same experience in my test account.
That could probably be why the experience is different on your end.

I have created a bug ticket with Freshdesk support here (https://support.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/15417518) on your behalf. Please follow up on on the email thread conversation with them.

Thanks @Raviraj ,

To create the ticket on my behalf, it seems that I would need to follow up here. Or will you help me to get this resolved?