The Freshdesk Marketplace app is encountering an error specifically in the Safari browser

Hi,
We’re encountering an issue with the Freshdesk Marketplace app specifically in Safari. Interestingly, the app functions correctly in other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. The error arises when the app attempts to communicate with Google Sheets from the front-end application. Attached below is a screenshot of the error message,

Your assistance in resolving this would be highly appreciated.

@Freddy, Can you help us to resolve this…

Hi Thayammal1,

I understand that you’re facing an issue with the Freshdesk Marketplace app in the Safari browser while it works fine in other browsers. I’d be happy to help you resolve this problem.

Since I don’t have access to the actual source code of the app, I’ll provide you with general guidelines to troubleshoot and fix the issue.

1. Check for browser compatibility: Ensure that the specific APIs and features used in the app are supported by the Safari browser. You can refer to the compatibility tables provided by MDN Web Docs: Browser detection using the user agent - HTTP | MDN

2. Inspect any third-party libraries or plugins: Some third-party libraries or plugins may work differently across browsers or may not be fully supported in Safari. Make sure to update them to their latest version and check their documentation for known issues or fixes related to Safari.

3. Examine CORS settings: Safari has a stricter security policy than other browsers, and it may cause Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) issues. Check your app’s CORS settings, and make sure they follow the same-origin policy. Adjust the server-side configuration if needed.

4. Test on various versions of Safari: Make sure to test your app in different versions of Safari to determine if it’s a browser version-specific issue. This can help you narrow down potential causes of the problem.

5. Debug using Safari Developer Tools: Use Safari’s built-in Developer Tools to

Hey @Thayammal1,
Is this an issue with a specific app or all apps from Marketplace?

Hi @zach_jones_noel,
Issue with this specific app only.

Hey @Thayammal1,
Can you share the app link?

Hi @zach_jones_noel,

Any specific third-party library used in this app?

Yes, we’ve incorporated a third-party library, but the problem lies with the Freshworks client interface not being triggered. To investigate further, we developed a sample app solely for triggering the Freshworks client interface without utilizing any APIs, aiming to assess its compatibility with Safari and Firefox. Unfortunately, we encountered issues with both Safari and Firefox, and I have attached a screenshot of the error log below.

(post deleted by author)

Hi @zach_jones_noel ,
Any updates to resolve this issue…

Hey @Thayammal1,
Would it be possible for you to share the sample app which has this issue?

Yes @zach_jones_noel , I have attached the sample app below,

freshplug.zip (4.2 KB)