Ticket_Sidebar on FreshService

Hello team, I’m building a custom app for FreshService. It’s quite simple; it just collects some data and makes some updates on the ticket. It’s supposed to be found in the Ticket Sidebar, but for some reason, it doesn’t appear. However, if I try to change the product to Freshdesk, it appears normally in the Ticket Sidebar. I thought that maybe there was something wrong with my code, so I tried the Your First App template, but it still doesn’t appear in Service, only in Desk. Am I doing something wrong?

Manifest.json

{
  "platform-version": "2.3",
  "product": {
    "freshservice": {
      "location": {
        "ticket_sidebar": {
          "url": "index.html",
          "icon": "icon.svg"
        }
      }
    }
  },
  "engines": {
    "node": "18.15.0",
    "fdk": "9.0.5"
  }
}

Hello @Matheus_Henrique_Per, what happens when you run fdk run? When you navigate to the ticket in Freshservice, are you appending &dev=true to the url? Need to do it in this manner instead of ?dev=true since the url for a ticket in freshservice already has a parameter appended indicating the tab that the ticket is showing (?current_tab=details ). When you do this local testing does the app appear in the ticket sidebar?

1 Like

Hello, when I run the FDK, I don’t receive any errors, and when I change the URL to dev=true, the app doesn’t appear in the sidebar. The most strange part is that if I change the product in the manifest.json to “freshdesk”, it works fine. The same happens to your_first_app Template.

in the console it dosen’t give me any error as well.

I would suggest deleting your localstore and store.sqlite files.
Then run fdk run again. Then be sure to provide any installation parameters the application requires.

It runs
but still not appering i have tried the cti_global_sidebar it appears in the FullPage but not in the sidebar

Any chance you have a browser extension that might be blocking it? Have you allowed insecure content when testing locally?

So i have published the app and he is appering on the sidebar, but still not appearing when i use FDK run.

Hey @Matheus_Henrique_Per,
Do you see any errors on browser’s console? Wanted to also confirm if only ticket_sidebar has this issue or if other placeholders also don’t render on your Freshservice instance?

Hi, after testing it out, we didn’t find any issues in the console.log. When I ran it as a full_page_app, it worked fine. The issue appears to be only within ticket views.

Hey @Matheus_Henrique_Per,
Do you see the app working fine with ticket-based placeholders in a different account?