Unable to send Webhook Challenge code for Monday.com

Hey Team,

I’m working on registering webhooks with Freshdesk and Monday.com. But facing an issue as when I register the webhook I’m required by Monday.com to return a challenge code to the server.

I’ve registered the onAppInstall and onExternalEvent withing my serverless application and on registering the webhook on Monday.com I’m having the following issue.

Challenge Code

{ "challenge": "3eZbrw1aBm2rZgRNFdxV2595E9CY3gmdALWMmHkvFXO7tYXAYM8P" }

This is how I’m sending my challenge code as a response.

renderData(null, { "challenge": "3eZbrw1aBm2rZgRNFdxV2595E9CY3gmdALWMmHkvFXO7tYXAYM8P" });

But this is how Monday seems to be receiving the response.

{
    "requestID": "05e4669f-97cb-4800-8998-f67e113e03ea",
    "response": { "challenge": "m7CrPxfXssC7zJGONfbQ5ZcKCPZiKcLSh34ozVm8SueGGRbdFqRlfsE89VawgGY0lLYGPOvCMvHduBnIuD6UvQ"  }}

Could someone help me with how I can send back only the response body to Monday.com and not all of the request ID and response object.

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Team,

Could someone please help me out with this? Thanks in advance.

Hey @Raviraj

Could you please take a look into this? We need this desperately.
We would be open to checking out if there is a workaround. Thank you

Hey Team,

Do we have any update on this please? It’s really urgent

Hi @hafiza,

Our platform doesn’t support this format of Challenge-Response for webhooks. I will pass it as a feedback to our team to add a feature to send a custom challenge response.

Hey @Raviraj

Thanks for your reply.

If you could prioritize this that would be great. We have received multiple requests from customers requesting a two-sync. If there is an ETA do keep me posted. Thank you

Glad I found this post in my Googling, which isn’t very old! Saves me some time knowing that this type of webhook integration is not supported. But I too was looking to build a webhook integration from Monday.com to FreshService into the FS Alerting module. If this doesn’t work, I think I can use emails to get the same end result. But definitely a +1 for this feature. Thank you!