Update Resolution Date with Custom Due Date

Hi All,

We added a custom ‘Due Date’ field to our ticket and want to use that to set the internal ‘Resolve By’ date (determined by SLA settings). We have an API call that does this when the ticket is created in the web portal since the Due Date field is accessible there. This is done with a simple automation. But when the ticket is created via email the Due Date is not set and the SLA takes over. We need to constantly update the ‘Resolve By’ date with the custom Due Date. We tried using a Ticket Update automation but Freshdesk doesn’t recognize a ticket change when only changing the Due Date field so it doesn’t trigger. Do you have any ideas on how to add a process that would continually check for a change in the Due Date and set the ‘Resolve By’ date?

Thanks!

Hi @mwilcox4,

As documented in our SDK documentation (See notes section), the custom fields in Freshdesk will not trigger the update events for custom fields changes.

It’s possible to enable the update events for custom field changes. To request this for your account, please submit a request here: https://dev-assist.freshworks.com/support/catalog/items/58 (Signing up is required if you haven’t already done so in this portal).

After it is enabled, the changes to the custom field “Due Date” will trigger the ticket update event in automation, marketplace apps, and everywhere else relevant.

Raviraj,

I tried logging in to the portal / link you provided. I cannot login. I tried resetting my password but it still doesn’t work. Could you help reset my account? To make the request below, do I put a new post in?

Thanks.

Hi @mwilcox4,

I noticed that you successfully created a ticket, and it’s resolved now. Let us know in the reply if it has not been enabled yet and if you need help.

This still does not work. When I change a custom date field and update the ticket, the ticket update automation does not trigger. Please advise.

Is there any update on this? Thank you.

Hello, just wondering if this is going to work or if we need to try something else. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.