Urgent: Major Incidents update issue

Hi Team

We are facing issues while updating Major Incident tickets.

See the below postman call

image.png

Here is the update URL we are using

https://d3v-devopsintegration.freshservice.com/api/v2/tickets/1244

Its a PUT call

Here are the request params we tried

{

“type”:“Major Incident”,

“tags”: [

“devops”,

“azure_4237”

],

“custom_fields”: {

“paragrah”: “1”,

“devops”: “4237”

}

}

and we also tried

{

“tags”: [

“devops”,

“azure_4237”

],

“custom_fields”: {

“paragrah”: “1”,

“devops”: “4237”

}

}

image.png

Please help us on this on urgent basis

Let me know if you need any other additional information

Thanks

Hi @Santhosh @Krishanth

Can anyone please help me on this here ?

Thanks

Hi @devopsintegrationio,

For issues on the Product or platform, please create a Support ticket with the respective product. Use Freshservice support in this case. They will be able to help within SLA based on the priority.

In this forum, we rely on community contributions and may be unable to handle the requests urgently.

The images in your posts are not visible. Could you share the complete request details or the cURL request?

Hi

We tried to use the same but the support panel keeps loading for us

Here are the images

@devopsintegrationio If the support widget doesn’t work, you can also go to the alternative method of email support by sending out an email to support@freshservice.com to contact Freshservice support.

In the pictures you shared, the first validation error seems normal because it expects only one of the listed values for the type attribute. This attribute is not mandatory, so it should throw the same validation for missing this attribute. Are you sure the error has been updated after the changes and still throws the same error?

Hi

Thanks for the info

Yes it throws same errors

Thanks
Bill Greer

Hi @Raviraj

The above Incident i am trying to update is Major Incident

If i send the type attribute in the request with value Major Incident or just Incident it throws error

1. Major Incident type does not allowed
  2. Incident type does not supported

The issue is happening with Major Incidents update only

All other updates like for Incidents, Service Request and Changes are working perfectly

Thanks

@devopsintegrationio I just learned about the Major Incident type tickets. There are no APIs that can be found for it in the API documentation.

Can you create a Major incident ticket, get it via API, and check the type of it? Using the same type might succeed with the API, I guess.

If it doesn’t work, I can help create a support ticket for the relevant team to find out if it’s supported and to find the supported format to update the ticket.

Hi @Raviraj

I am able to get the Freshservice major Incident via API call

The type in the response is coming as Major Incident

“type”:“Major Incident”

With the same type Major Incident update does not allow me to update it

I believe there is an issue in the backend

Thanks

Hi

I am able to get the Freshservice major Incident via API call

The type in the response is coming as Major Incident

“type”:“Major Incident”

With the same type Major Incident update does not allow me to update it

I believe there is an issue in the backend

Thanks

@devopsintegrationio I have raised a support ticket with Freshservice on your behalf to troubleshoot this further and confirm what the expected behavior is and if there is a solution.

Here is the ticket: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/15272365

Hi Freshworks

Awesome

Thanks

1 Like

Summary:

As there are no documentation available for this type of tickets and the API fails with the received ticket type, created a support ticket with Freshservice support.

In the support ticket, the Freshservice team confirmed that the Public APIs are not yet available for the “Major Incident” type. Accepted it as an enhancement request without any ETA.

Source: Major Incident Management: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) : Freshservice

Thanks for the information

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.