Using Ticket Status Value to Disable Custom Field

I am trying to disable a custom field named “Validated by Lead” when the ticket Status is changed to “In Analysis”. I have tried testing this on my dev site multiple times with this code, and I can’t figure out what I am missing here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

$(document).ready( function() {
  app.initialized().then(function(client) {
  window.client = client;client.data.get("ticket").then (
    function(data) {
    	 var estStatus = data.ticket.status_label;
    	if(estStatus === "In Analysis") { 
    	client.interface.trigger("disable", {id: "cf_validated_by_lead"}); 
  	}
    client.events.on("ticket.statusChanged", propertyChangeCallback);
    function propertyChangeCallback(event) {
      var eventData = event.helper.getData();
      var estStatus = eventData.status_label.new;
      console.log(estStatus);
      if(estStatus === "In Analysis") { 
      client.interface.trigger("disable", {id: "cf_validated_by_lead"}); 
    }
    if(estStatus !== "In Analysis") {
      client.interface.trigger("enable", {id: "cf_validated_by_lead"});
          }
    }
    });
});
});

Hello @lreynolds,

Welcome!

I tried this out myself although data.ticket.status_label and cutom_field were different it my case. The logic worked as intended.

I was wondering, if you can see any error in the browser console that can help me debug this issue?

Thanks for getting back with me Sarif! I was using custom_field in a similar app that was interactive with two custom fields. But since this is interacting with the default “Status” field, I figured the logic would be different. Are you saying I should try using data.ticket.custom_field in place of “data.ticket.status_label”? Also, for the default Status field, is “ticket.statusChanged” the correct event?

Either way, can you help point out the specific code that you are recommending that I replace in the sample code I provided? Thanks!

@lreynolds,

ticket.statusChanged is the correct event if you want to check every time status is Changed. Here are some questions that I have,

1. What are the other ticket status entities other than open,closed,resolved,pending that is configured in your freshdesk account? From your question I can guess, In Analysis is one of those.
  2. Can you share the data payload that is being passed to client.data.get("ticket").then(function(data){...}) ?
  3. Can you make sure cf_validated_by_lead has not spelling mistakes and is the right ID?
  4. Looking at your code, I see this is frontend code. When you perform this interface trigger is console showing any errors? If yes, can you share me any browser console logs that you see.
1 Like

@lreynolds, Were you able to over come this issue? Do you need any more help?

@lreynolds

I am hoping you were able to accomplish what you were seeking help for.

For now, I am closing this topic assuming the same. If you still face any issue, feel free to create new topic and quote this topic for context.

Thanks for being active community member. Appreciate it. :dark_sunglasses: