Webhook for Whatsapp Messages

I’m using the API for Outbound-messages from freshchat to send Whatsapp Messages.

https://developers.freshchat.com/api/#outbound-messages

I want to know if there is a way to set up a webhook to get status updates for my product messages. I want to know if the message was read, but without making a pooling mechanism.

Hi @mtayllan

Welcome to the community. Out of the box there is no web-hook which could be used to read the delivery status of the outbound message. Possible solution would be scheduled events and get message status api.
Regards,
Sachin

1 Like

@mtayllan

I am curious.

If it is possible, do you mind sharing the business use case that requires this sort of implementation? Let me see if I can turn this into any sort of feature request…

We have a page in our product with Whatsapp Messages (Proactive Messages) that were sent to a specific client. We want to show if that message was read or not, but without the need to do more API requests.

If we have a webhook to receive this updates, we can easily update the message status.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.