Where is 'Closed Date' for a Ticket?

Hi All,

I’m trying to integrate Power BI with Freshdesk, got most of it working but struggling to find the ‘Closed Date’ for the ticket. Does anyone know which field this is please?

Thanks

Mick

1 Like

Hey Mike! Welcome to the community :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If I understood it correctly, do you want the timestamp of when the ticket in Freshdesk is closed right?

1 Like

Hi Shravan,

Yes that is correct, I think it looks like its the last updated field based on status?

Thanks

Mick

1 Like

But then last_updated can be anything. Even if a priority field is updated, the last_updated will change. If you exactly want the timestamp of when the ticket is closed, you can use this API - https://domain.freshdesk.com/api/_/tickets/{ticket_id}/activities. This is not a public API though!

2 Likes

@micklowe Another way would be to store the timestamp of the close action to a custom field via a serverless app.

Then on Power BI, you should be able to retrieve that custom field with the closed timestamp for a ticket to visualize the data.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, maybe this is something you can all think about and pass on any suggestions. I want a report on agent productivity, this is why I was asking about the close date so maybe you have other ideas? I don’t think basing it on daily new tickets gives a fair metric as its only showing that an agent has been passed 4 tickets on average per day but on our helpdesk there maybe tickets passed over from previous days so its a difficult one to report on. How does anyone else do this?

Thanks again.

Mick

3 Likes

Hey @micklowe
In freshdesk analytics you can schedule a data export to an api that you can import into PowerBI. I assume this is the way you are getting your freshdesk data. When scheduling that data export you can choose what “Ticket” fields you want to export, and one of those fields is “Closed Date”.

That should give you the information you are looking for, unless I am misunderstanding your question. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

-Zach

3 Likes

Hi @Zach I am using the API to pull data so are you saying this isn’t the best way to do this?

Thanks

Mick

1 Like

Hi @micklowe,

We used this document to import data into PowerBI when using freshservice. I assume the process is similar in freshdesk. I would give this a try as you can identify what fields you want exported from freshdesk and then manipulate the data in Power Query Editor of PowerBI.

Hope this helps.

-Zach

3 Likes

Hi @Zach

We have no export option so its either Freshservice or plan specific.

Mick

1 Like

@micklowe,

Very possible. We are on forest plan for freshdesk and are able to do data exports out of the freshdesk analytics module, so maybe it is plan specific. Sorry for the confusion.

3 Likes

@micklowe You could try the View a Ticket API with the optional include stats

https://domain.freshdesk.com/api/v2/tickets/:id?include=stats

Reference: View a ticket API Documentation
Example response:

Hope this helps

5 Likes