Who can build freshdesk marketplace app?

Dear Freshdesk Marketplace Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am a freelance developer with a strong interest in developing a custom app for Freshdesk. I have been impressed by the capabilities of Freshdesk and believe that my skills and experience align perfectly with the opportunity to create a valuable addition to your marketplace.

As an experienced developer, I have a proven track record of designing and building applications that enhance the functionality of customer support platforms. I have a deep understanding of Freshdesk and its ecosystem, and I see great potential in developing an app that could benefit Freshdesk users and enhance their experience.

I would like to discuss the possibility of building an app for Freshdesk’s marketplace, and I am eager to learn more about the criteria and process for app submission, as well as any specific requirements or guidelines you may have in place.

Additionally, I would appreciate any insights you can provide on the current needs and trends within the Freshdesk community, as this will help me tailor my app to meet those demands.

Could you kindly provide me with information on the next steps, including the application review process, any relevant documentation or resources, and any potential support available to developers like me?

I look forward to the opportunity to collaborate with Freshdesk and contribute to the success of your platform. Please let me know if there is a convenient time for a call or meeting to discuss this further. Your guidance and assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I am excited about the possibility of building a Freshdesk Marketplace app and contributing to your vibrant ecosystem.

Best regards,

Williamson.

Freddy said: Hi Williamson, welcome to the forum! We’re glad to hear about your interest in developing a custom app for Freshdesk Marketplace.

To get started with the app submission process, please visit the Freshdesk Developer Portal (https://developers.freshdesk.com/) where you’ll find resources such as:

1. Freshdesk App Development documentation: This contains a comprehensive guide on building, testing, and submitting your Freshdesk app (Freshworks Developer Docs | Freshworks app ecosystem).

2. Freshdesk Marketplace Guidelines: Kindly review these guidelines to ensure your app adheres to the requirements and standards set by Freshdesk (https://developers.freshdesk.com/marketplace-guidelines/).

3. SDK and Sample Apps: You’ll find the Freshdesk SDK (Freshworks Developer Docs | Freshworks app ecosystem) and various sample apps (Freshworks Developer Docs | Freshworks app ecosystem) to help you understand the app structure and how to utilize the Freshdesk features.

As for the current needs and trends within the Freshdesk community, you can explore our community forum (https://community.developers.freshworks.com/) to keep up-to-date with the latest discussions, app ideas, and to ask any questions you may have.

Once you have completed your app, you can submit it for review through the developer portal. Our team will review your app submission and provide feedback or approval.

Hi @Raviraj

Any news recording this?

Hi @williamson,

Welcome to the Freshworks Developer community! :tada:

Thanks for showing interest in our Freshworks Developer platform to build apps on the Marketplace for Freshworks customers. Sorry for the delay from our end.

To get started, find the guide on our documentation and check out the other resources to explore further.

The step-by-step guide for the app development and guidelines, criteria, and the app review process have been covered in this article. Check it out.

You can find a repository of use cases that are recommended from our platform during a paid-app campaign. It is still public.
For any real-time needs of the customers, you can join the Freshworks refresh customers community, find the trend of topics, and ask them yourself.

For more resources, find the sample apps, tutorials, and guides to help you with the app development, publishing, and maintenance stages.

Let us know if you have any other specific queries that we can discuss here.

Thank you @Raviraj

I have prior knowledge of the Freshworks developer platform. I’m a solo developer who is willing to develop a paid app. Am I eligible to develop paid apps for Freshworks products? If yes, how can I start, for example? How do I address the new use cases for building apps? If not, can I develop a custom app for your customers?

Thanks again…!
Williamson

Yes, you are eligible to develop paid apps for Freshworks products. As a solo developer, you can build and monetize your applications through the Freshworks Marketplace. Here are the steps you can follow to start developing paid apps:

1. Create a Trial Account: Sign up for a trial account for the Freshworks product(s) you’re interested in developing for: Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshworks CRM Suite.
  2. Request a Sponsored Developer Account: If you need an extension beyond the trial period,
  1. Setup Development Environment: Set up your development environment with the necessary tools, services, APIs, and SDKs offered by Freshworks.
  2. Build and Test your App: Build your app to solve business problems for customers using the Freshworks Developer Platform’s tools and test your code using the provided development toolkit.
  3. Publish Your App: Once ready, submit your app to the Freshworks Marketplace for approval.
  4. Transition to a Paid App: Initially, you can offer your app for free. As app adoption grows, you may choose to monetize your app and switch it to a paid model as explained in the document.

Regarding addressing new use cases for building apps, you’ll need to:

1. Understand Business Requirements: Engage with potential users or use your own insights to discover pain points or desirable integrations that your app could solve.
  2. Develop and Test: Develop your app to meet these use cases and thoroughly test it to ensure it performs as intended.

As for developing custom apps for Freshworks customers, you are indeed able to do so. Custom apps can be a great service to offer businesses that have unique requirements not met by existing marketplace apps.

Remember to take advantage of the Freshworks community and resources such as documentation, tutorials, and support forums to assist you in the app development process.

@williamson The Freddy is at least right about the paid apps.
You can build paid apps as a solo developer. You can sign up for the Paid apps program and can get help to build the apps for the Freshworks Marketplace.

For building custom apps for Freshworks customers, you can submit a request to become a partner here. I will also check the point of contact internally and share the information with you.

Hello @Raviraj

Thanks for the responses. I signed up for the paid apps program. is there any possibility of getting new use cases from your side?

Thanks
Williamson

Hi @Raviraj inputs please.

@williamson Happy new year!

We do not have the customer requirements for the apps. The internal teams already prioritize the popular and important asks and will be provided to the existing partners to build them.
You can find non-prioritized and unpopular use cases on your own by using the product, talking to the customers, and any other means.

You can find some of the ideas and use cases for building paid apps in the link mentioned here - Freshworks Paid Apps Use case repository

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.