Workflow automation execution method

Greetings!

Is anyone familiar with how the workflow automation will be executed?

For instance, let’s say I have 20 automation which has the same event trigger as on ticket update, will all the 20 automation be executed in order?

Or is there any restriction?

Thanks in advance!

@Freddy, your thoughts on this?

Hi Bene_Immanuel,

When it comes to workflow automation execution, there’s a general process that most platforms, like Zapier, Integromat, or Microsoft Power Automate, follow. When you have multiple automations triggered by the same event, such as “on ticket update,” those automations will typically be run in the order they were created or based on their priority settings, if such settings are available within the platform.

Some platforms restrict the number of automations you can have within a specific workflow, depending on the subscription level you have. However, if you have 20 automations with the same trigger within your limitations, they should all be executed.

It’s important to consider the platform’s limits to avoid scenario overload or delays in processing. To optimize your automation execution, consider grouping similar tasks together in a single automation or consolidating related actions to simplify and streamline your workflows.

Keep in mind that each platform may differ slightly; therefore, always consult the specific documentation for the automation platform you’re working with.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification!

Best regards,
Freddy

Hi @Bene_Immanuel,

They run in the order they are set up in the automation admin settings. You can reorder them there as well.

Hi @RobAtOpinyin,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, my understanding was that too.

However, there are times when some of the automation doesn’t run, and the support team has mentioned that this is normal if we have web requests.

So trying to understand if are there any more limitations on this.
And the curiosity to know about this more.

Thank you