Freshdesk Custom Objects and apps

Hey Community,

we are considering to mirror our organizational hierarchy in our FD instance in order to notify teamleads if one of their agents performed a special task.
So we need to look at custom objects within automations, as it is described here.

Now my research on what options I have, took me to so far, that I know, that we cannot use the app sdk entity storage custom objects (as described here) - We will have to use the product specific custom objects feature.

But is there any, any chance, to manipulate these product-internal custom objects via app?

What I try to do is to react to the onAgentCreate, in order to create a custom object which links the created agent to the user who performed the agent’s creation (the teamlead).

Is there any chance to do this? Your help is much appreciated!

Best,
Thomas

Hello

I guess I found the solution for my issue by myself.
You can manipulate Custom Objects via Custom Objects Core API.

Can anyone confirm, if this API calls are for the custom objects, created in the product itself and not the ones created via app entity storage?

Best,
Tom

Hi @ThomasH ,

Good day!

Can anyone confirm, if this API calls are for the custom objects, created in the product itself and not the ones created via app entity storage?

The one you’ve mentioned is product specific. It would leverage the product scope and you can create your custom data entities.

Also, I would like bring the note highlighted in the doc to your attention

1. Custom-objects can be enabled only for accounts on Enterprise plan.
  2. A maximum of 20 entity storage can be created per Freshdesk account
  3. A maximum of 100 fields can be created per Custom Object
  4. A maximum of 5 associations can be created for a Custom Object with another Object(both Custom
    and Native), per Freshdesk account
  5. A maximum of 25 fields can be set as filterable within a Custom Object. A field can be set as filterable
    at the time of creation, and cannot be edited later to be made filterable

If you satisfy the above conditions, it should work for your use case as you guessed.

Hope this helps! Thanks

Hello @mariappan,

thank you for your information. Helps a lot!

Our request will satisfy the above conditions, as we’d only need one custom object with 3 or 4 fields and one association from native (ticket) to custom (our new custom object).

Best regards,
Thomas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.