How to make HTML button in Outbound email body

Hi Team

Hope you all doing well , I have to send Outbound mails to agents in freshdesk . this mail triggers only onTicketUpdate event. I need to send email body with html button. I have complete html code for email body but the button is not visible in email body. I using bootstrap for button design and i also tried crayons and inline CSS

This is an email body

This is my email body HTML code

Thank you

Hello @Kithiyon

It is not clear whether this HTML is part of a Freshworks App you are trying to build? Where is the email sent from? How is it sent? Where is the screenshot of the email body taken from?

Could you help add more color to this problem so it is easier to understand what you are trying to do?

Hi @satwik

Have a nice day,
This email is sent from my freshdesk account. This email send by Outbound api requst . The HTML email body is a API request body.

let HTMLcontent = `
        <!DOCTYPE html>
        <head>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/bootstrap@3.3.7/dist/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-BVYiiSIFeK1dGmJRAkycuHAHRg32OmUcww7on3RYdg4Va+PmSTsz/K68vbdEjh4u" crossorigin="anonymous">

</head>
        <body>
         <h3>Hello</h3><br>
         <div>
         <P>Please find the details of the approval request below <br><br>
         Requester name     : ${requesterName} <br><br>
         Requester email    : ${requesterEmail} <br><br>
         Agent name         : ${agent_name} <br><br>
         Ticket Subject     : ${subject} <br><br>
         Ticket Description : ${description} <br><br>
         Ticket Link        : <a href='${domain}/a/tickets/${ticketId}'>${domain}/a/tickets/${ticketId}</a><br><br>
         ${email_body}

</p></div> <br><br>
         <div class="container-fluid">
            <button type="button" class="btn btn-success">Success</button>
            <button type="button" class="btn btn-danger">Danger</button>
        </div>
         </body>
        </html>
      `;

let payload = {
          "description": HTMLcontent,
          "subject": `Approval Request for Ticket ${ticketId}`,
          "email": To_Mail,
          "priority": priority,
          "email_config_id": from_mail,
          "status": status,

};

let options = {
          method: "POST",
          headers: headers,
          body: JSON.stringify(payload),
        };
        console.log(options)

let url = `${domain}/api/v2/tickets/outbound_email`;
        console.log(url)

$request.post(url, options)
          .then(
            function (data) {

console.log(data.response)
            },
            function (error) {
              console.log(error)
            }
          );
      }
    }
    else {
      console.log("not working")
      console.log(JSON.stringify(args))
    }

Hello @satwik and Team

Still i looking for your reply

@Kithiyon - We are guessing the API endpoint you are consuming might be removing the HTML/CSS elements of the string.

We put you in touch with the Freshdesk team.

Let us know what you learn.

Hi @Saif

I got some informations about this issue from online. we can create HTML links only instead of buttons in email body so the buttons in email body is not visible to anyone.

This email is send from my freshdesk account

use case:
I want to perform some action when the user clicks the links inside email body which is named as Approve and Decline but here i can’t perform any javascript action to capture the user response.
If you give some alternative solution to perform javascript actions for this use case. it will be very helpful for me .

Thank you

[Freshdesk Support]

I understand that the HTML/CSS customisation of the content in the description of the outbound email is not reflecting as expected. Unfortunately, we do not support HTML/CSS customisations over email templates at the moment and have already taken this as a feature request to support HTML tags within Freshdesk and our team is working closely on it to bring the feature.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.