Identify user who triggered the event

Hello everyone!

It seems that we don’t have in the event payload the user who triggered the serverless event, e.g: when a ticket update happens, I don’t know the user who made the change. It would be nice to have it on the event payload.

My usecase: I’m bulding an integration with another system. When this third party system makes some change in freshdesk, it will fire the ticket update event - I need to identify the user who made the change. If it is the user configured for the integration, I won’t send the update again to the third party system - avoiding a loop. For my fortune, this third party system has this configuration, so loop will happen just once in my case.

@Zach also faced the need to identify the user in another use case: Ability to identify if a freshservice ticket was closed by agent or requester?

@samuelpares,
Currently, we are not supporting the user details in the event payload,
let me check with the team and get back to you at the earliest.

Thanks

4 Likes

@samuelpares,
We recently added an object called actor in the event payload (only for freshdesk), this will help with your use case

Kindly let us know if you need any further information

Thanks

5 Likes

I just tested it here and it worked!
Thanks! :smiley:

4 Likes

As Santhosh mentioned, it’s recently added for Freshdesk.
The documentation is being updated with this new addition to the event payload.

5 Likes

This is great but can we get it added for Freshservice too?! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Zach - Our team has indicated this is present in Freshservice as well. Let me know if you don’t find this information?

2 Likes