Freshworks CLI (FDK), which depends on Node.js, is required to develop an application in the Freshworks developer platform.
Check the last section to uninstall the existing installed prerequisites or some of them.
To install FDK, you need to install:
Node Version Manager (NVM) enables you to install and work with multiple versions of Node.js easily.
To install NVM:
On Mac or Linux, follow the installation and upgrade steps.
On Windows, navigate to the release channel > Assets, download the nvm-setup.zip file, extract the contents of the file, and use the installer in the extracted files.
To verify the NVM installation, run the following command.
- To install Node using NVM, run the following command.
Note: Support for Node 12.x has been deprecated.
nvm install 14
- To verify the Node installation, run the following command.
Note: For Windows, if the Node version is not displayed, you should run the
nvm oncommand to enable NVM.
- To set the default node version with NVM, run the following command:
nvm alias default 14
- For Windows, to install the tools and configurations required to start using Node, using the following command.
For more information, see the write-up on node-gyp.
npm install --global --production windows-build-tools
Installing Freshworks CLI on Mac, Linux
For removing the existing environment to start afresh, proceed with the following steps.
- Run command,
npm uninstall fdk -g
- To remove FDK related files, run command,
rm -rf ~/.fdk
- If installed through NVM:
- Uninstalling NVM will remove all the Node versions installed with it. Check out the next section to uninstall NVM.
- If installed via directly using the source or another tool, remove the Node manually from the installed folder where it is installed and remove the Node path variable.
- For Windows, it would be easy to uninstall Node on GUI provided by the OS.
- Take a look at the official documentation.