Product event for Freshsales suite chat onMessageCreate

Hello,

I’m in the process of developing an application for one of our use cases. In Freshchat, there’s a product event called onMessageCreate (you can find more details here: Freshworks Developer Docs | Configure onMessageCreate), which triggers when a message or private note is created.

However, I encountered an error while packaging the application when I tried to use it for Freshsales CRM chat. Are there any alternative options to achieve this in Freshsales CRM chat?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi @Gopi,

The onMessageCreate event is only supported in the Freshchat product as shown in the docs.

Could you ensure the following cases when building and publishing the app with this event?

1. In the manifest.json file, check whether this event is specified under “freshchat” product.
  2. In your Freshsales suite account, choose the Freshchat account and upload the app zip.

@Raviraj In manifest i am using the product as “freshworks_crm”, how can I acheive in this case

@Gopi If you want to use this event, please use the following format in the manifest.json with freshchat as the product. This event is not available in the freshworks_crm product.

{
  "platform-version": "2.3",
  "product": {
    "freshchat": {
      "events": {
        "onMessageCreate": {
          "handler": "onMessageCreateHandler"
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.