Unable to test custom app

I’m having a terrible time trying to test a custom app. I’ve followed the instructions in the quick start guide to a T and am having no luck. fdk run and fdk validate complete successfully, but when I go to the ticket details the in my browser (including ?dev=true in the URL), the app does not appear in the ticket sidebar. I’ve configured Chrome to allow insecure content from my custom subdomain per the instructions. The log file shows no errors and the browser console only has one error that looks even remotely relevant:

I can also access and set the custom configs at http://localhost:10001/custom_configs

On the same computer I was able to successfully run and test a serverless app, so I don’t understand why I’m having an issue with a custom app which is supposed to appear in the ticket sidebar.

I have also tried testing a vanilla app using the your_first_app template that is generated by running fdk create without making any code changes, and the app does not appear in the ticket sidebar…same problem. I even tried building the promodoro app from the sample apps in github and that doesn’t work for me either. What am I doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Adam, what does your manifest.json file look like? It will show us the version of FDK you are using as well as what version of Node.js the app is using. We will also be able to verify the platform version and location for the custom app.

You can also try running the app while debugging to offer up more contextual logs by running this command if using a terminal

NODE_DEBUG=fdk fdk run

As seen in this post…How to obtain debug logs from FDK? Enabling debug mode - Wiki - Freshworks Developer Community

These things will help us with your issue. Take care!

-Zach

Hi Zach,

Here’s my manifest.json

{
  "platform-version": "2.2",
  "product": {
    "freshservice": {
      "location": {
        "ticket_sidebar": {
          "url": "index.html",
          "icon": "styles/images/icon.svg"
        }
      }
    }
  },
  "whitelisted-domains": [
    "https://*.freshservice.com"
  ],
  "engines": {
    "node": "14.21.2",
    "fdk": "8.6.7"
  }
}

I’ve also attached the console output from NODE_DEBUG.
debuglog.txt (8.2 KB)

Ugh. I just found the solution in another of your posts. Can not add "dev=true" to the url - #10 by Zach

They really need to update the documentation because I just wasted several days on this issue.

1 Like

Ahh, sorry about that Adam. That was going to be my next question. Glad you found the answer. And yes…I agree, they need to update this. I have already spoken to the Freshservice Product team about changing the url string that is generated for a ticket and remove the appended query string. Waiting to hear back.

Take care,
Zach

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.