Freshworks Developer Platform provides rate limits to ensure fair usage of resources across all apps running on the platform. Usually, these limits are enough for most apps in production. However, a few use-cases and accounts with more users might require higher limits. If you ever run into a similar situation, the below-mentioned fields are what you essentially need for creating a request:
- Account Domain: Provide your Freshworks product’s domain URL. (Example: domain.freshdesk.com)
- App Name or App ID: Provide the app id/name; Unsure? Follow these steps.
- Platform feature: Choose your required platform feature on rate limit increment.
- Required per-minute rate limit: provide the necessary per-minute rate limit.
- Required duration: Temporary or a permanent choice depending on the requirement; provide the data and time scale if temporary.
- Total number of users/agents: Provide the number of agents/users have access to.
- Approximate number of concurrent users/agents: providing this helps us to know more about the necessity and the priority. Enter the number of simultaneous users/agents.
- How many requests/operations are executed per user action or Serverless event?: For example, 1 request per app open in the sidebar, 3 requests per onTicketUpdate event.
- Does the app face rate-limit breach in production?: As simple as Yes or No
- Justification for the mentioned rate limit: Briefly explain the purpose of the needed rate limit and why you think increasing the rate limit would solve the problem?
- Additional Notes: Feel free to share any addition information you want to add.
You can also check or keep the following rate limits with respective product features available from Developer documentation as a reference. These limits are per-app and per-account levels.
|Requests from third party services are limited
|250 / minute
|Number of operations combined (set/get/delete)
|50 / minute
|Server Method Invocation (SMI)
|Number of invocations
|50 / minute
|Number of requests
|50 / minute
|Number of custom apps
|25 / account
The following step-by-step procedure will help raise a request as an initial move.
- log in to the Assist portal and choose “Request a service.”
- Hop over to “Platform Features” and select “Platform Rate-Limit Change Request”.
- Provide the required details, and hit “Place Request.”
- The app Rate-Limits are per-app and per-account.
- The same Marketplace app would require rate limits to be increased for different accounts if needed.
Okey-dokey, unless any clarification is required, our team will increase the limits without any further replies.