Missing “AI-Assisted App Migration” in Freddy Copilot

Unable to find the migration assist feature in the extension!!

Can anyone help me with this?

@Neeraj_Kumar

@Bene_Immanuel Apologies for the issue you are facing. Can you please try these and let us know if you see migration option :

1. Restart VSCode and go the app project again : We are suspecting this could be due to an internal bug due to fDK updgrade messaging.
  2. Just to confirn, please ensure your install FDK version = 9.1.X and “fdk -v” returns a proper version to ensure env. is properly steup.

Please let us know if the migration option is visible after above steps. If not, we will reach out to you over email and resolve this.

cc @zach_jones_noel

Thanks
Neeraj

I’ve tried those, but unfortunately, I’m still not having any success.

Hi @Neeraj_Kumar

Even tried it from another machine, but still no luck!

Is there any way to fix this?

@Bene_Immanuel I have reached out to you over email for a call. Please respond, it would help us to resolve issue faster.

Hi @Bene_Immanuel,

Please checkout these topic and confirm if you do not have a higher version of FDK where app migration is not supported yet.

Hi @Raviraj

I initially had 9.1.1 then I upgraded to 9.1.3 to check the extension but still the same…

Hello,
I also had the same issue.
I was already on 9.2.0 and did downgrade to 9.1.3 because of the article referenced by @Raviraj.
But that did not solve the issue for me.

As I had just one app to migrate, I did migrate by myself and didn’t report it.

@Bene_Immanuel - Are you able to create 3.0 apps with Freddy?
Because that did not work on my side either. Freddy always did 2.3.
Don’t wanna open a second topic here, but maybe these two things are connected.

Best
Tom

Hi @ThomasH,

Thanks for bringing that up!
Probably @Neeraj_Kumar and the team can check this out too…

But from my experience, I don’t think Freddy doesn’t check the fdk version of the current project to generate related code or answers. (It would be great if Freddy did this!)
Sometimes, Freddy generated code for deprecated versions like 2.0, but we reported those instances, and the team fixed them.

So you can try with some additional data in the prompt to be specific.

@ThomasH Apologies for the issue you faced. Can you please help me understand the problems :

• Even with FDK version 9.1.3 you did not see the migration feature? Can you please provide installed FDK version, Copilot plugin version?
  • Are you able to create 3.0 apps with Freddy? Freddy always did 2.3 → Can you please elaborate on this. What were you trying to do and what were the steps?

Once I understand the problems, will discuss with the team internally. I will set up a call with you and can get it installed.

Best
Neeraj
Product Lead, Freddy Copilot for Developers

@Bene_Immanuel

Thank you for sharing feedback.

"But from my experience, I don’t think Freddy doesn’t check the fdk version of the current project to generate related code or answers. (It would be great if Freddy did this! )
Sometimes, Freddy generated code for deprecated versions like 2.0, but we reported those instances, and the team fixed them."

We are actively working on how Freddy will have context awareness about the app configuration, fdk & platform version while responding on chat. I will share more updates soon :slight_smile:

Best
Neeraj

Hey @Neeraj_Kumar

Currently I am back on 9.2.0 again and Freddy Copilot is 2.2.6.
When I had to migrate that one app i downgraded to 9.1.3, but I don’t know the Copilot version (was 3-5 weeks ago).

And regarding app creation - There was this announcment on Copilot now also able to do modular apps.
But I cannot get Freddy to create for modules.

As soon as I prompt my app idea, it asks me “platform 2.3” related questions like for which product (Freshdesk, Freshservice, etc.) to create the app.
And the manifest.json references to platform 2.3.

I did

fdk config set --scope local global_apps.enabled true

before opening the folder in Code.
As said: Currently running 9.2.0 and Copilot 2.2.6

Thanks and best
Tom

@ThomasH Apologies for the issue you are facing.
I can see the bug. I am getting this checked internally and I will reach-out over email to setup a call to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Best,
Neeraj

@Thomas_H we have identified the root cause in this thread and that is due to Windows FDK path issue. Quick questions :

1.Are you using a windows machine?
2. If yes, can you got Freddy Copilot plugin settings and share your VSCode path (like attached image)

Hello

Windows = Yes
Path =

Thank you for investing the issue! Appreciate it.

Tom

Thanks @ThomasH. We will investigate this and get back.

@Bene_Immanuel , @ThomasH We have identified the issue with Windows machine and FDK path. We are actively working on the bug fix on priority.
Will keep this thread updated.

Best,
Neeraj

Thanks for the update and for prioritizing the bug fix. I appreciate the effort and look forward to hearing from you once the issue is resolved.