Seeing a huge spike in SMI timeouts. Request to increase it to 60s

Hi,

I’m seeing a huge spike in SMI timeouts causing my app to not work as expected.

I make use of the OpenAI APIs in the SMI and at times it takes more than 20 seconds to service the request.
This is causing the Frontend to timeout.

Request you to increase the SMI timeout limit to 60 in order to support use-cases that make use of the OpenAI APIs.

I already have a customer who has raised a support ticket for this on Freshdesk with Ticket #14165782 for your reference.

Below is a timeseries of errors reported over the last 12 hours from my app insights dashboard.

@KarthikeyanPR @Santhosh @Asif @Raviraj @Saif

Please look into this and do the needful.

Regards,
Arun Rajkumar

@KarthikeyanPR ,

I’m seeing this issue recurring again today.
Due to the 20s timeout, the request template is failing when OpenAI responses take more than 20s.

We are seeing an increasing trend in the errors today

Can you please look into increasing the limits?

Regards,
Arun Rajkumar

Public use of Chatbot has only been permitted in these Categories: #product-apis, #customize-workflows

Have you found a solution for this? I want to transcribe the calls and have the openai key as a secret in the iparams, but it will time out and the max of 20s is not enough. i cant use request methods because the payload is too large

Unfortunately not. I still do get several timeouts.

I decided to use the serverless functions as a getter and then handle the api invocation myself! I case this helps you

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.