How to edit pricing information of a Marketplace Paid App?

Freshworks platform offers developers to monetise their applications on its marketplace by listing them as a Marketplace Paid App. However, app pricing is often a tricky question. One might often ask "Did I price my app just right?", "Is it too costly?", "Am I getting worth of my efforts with this pricing?" or "Am I underpricing/overpricing it?"

We understand this dilemma and allow our app developers to edit the app pricing at various phases for a Freshworks Marketplace Paid App.

Scenarios in which developers are allowed to change the pricing information

Below are the scenarios in which pricing information can be edited.

1. During the app Submission phase
  2. While adding a new version of the existing paid app
  3. While converting a Free app to a Paid app

Note: Pricing information for all the supported currencies is a mandatory field.

Case 1: While in the submission phase

While applying the submission workflow for the app review process the pricing information can be changed at any time if the app is

1. In the “Draft” mode while submitting it for the first time
  2. In the review process, by cancelling the submission, during the editing and resubmitting step
  3. Post rejection while resubmitting the app for review with review comments fix

Refer to Upload and Submit a new Freshworks app section for detailed instructions for the same.

Case 2: While submitting a new version of the existing Marketplace Paid App

Developers can navigate to Application Management Portal (AMP) using their Developer Account, edit the app and upload a new version of the app. While at it they can

1. Edit the pricing information by submitting the app with new changes. or
  2. Re-submit the same application archive by just editing the pricing information

Refer to Upload and Submit a new version of an existing Freshworks app section for detailed steps for the same.

Case 3: While converting a Freshworks Free App to a Paid App

Freshworks Marketplace apps that are listed as Free Apps can be converted to paid apps. Refer to How to modify your Freshworks app from Free to Paid for same.

Additional resources

Below are the resources for additional information

1 Like