Marketplace Paid App - FAQ

This document covers a wide range of questions one might get while building a paid app with Freshworks on our Neo Platform. Kindly go through them to address common questions that might arise during the development.

App Basics

How can I get started?

Freshworks Developer ecosystem offers developers access to a wide range of resources and utilities to build applications on the Freshworks Marketplace using the Freshworks Developer platform.

How do I become a Freshworks Developer Partner?

You can submit an app for the Freshworks marketplace by signing up on the developer portal. In addition, if you are a Freshworks developer partner you need to fill in the details here to be showcased in the developer partner directory.

What is the difference between free and paid apps?

For more information refer to the types of apps session that was conducted during the Developer Summit 2022.

How do I know what to build? Are there any readily available use cases?

You can either refer to the ideas category on the Freshworks Developers Community to explore the existing requirements or subscribe to our email updates below to regularly get new cases in your inbox.

App Listing

What are the criteria that the apps need to adhere to?

The apps on the Freshworks Marketplace are made publicly available after a thorough review process by our team of experts. For a successful listing, ensure that the application adheres to the respective product standards:

For further information, read our blog on Code review guidelines.

Which apps are subject to the Freshworks approval process?

All the publicly listed free and paid apps on the Freshworks Marketplace must go through the Freshworks review and approval process. Custom apps do not require approval. Refer to our article on publishing apps with confidence to know more.

Why is the approval process in place?

The Freshworks app review and approval process are in place to ensure that all the public apps (aka Marketplace Apps) built by the developers meet Freshworks standards, before getting listed. Follow the app submission process to list an app on the marketplace.

What should I expect after I submit the app?

Refer to this Post submission section to know more.

How long does the approval process ideally take?

The app review process ideally takes about a week or maybe a bit longer based on any comments that need to be addressed by the app developer.

Post the approval process, how do I list my app?

Once the approval process is complete, the app review team will publish your app on the marketplace.

Pricing and Payments

What are the payment models for paid apps?

We currently follow an 80:20 revenue-sharing model between developers/developer partners and Freshworks for paid apps.

How does app billing work?

For paid apps, we follow a monthly payment cycle per the revenue share model. The overall pricing of an app can be structured in two ways, per account and per agent. Based on the pricing set up we follow a monthly payment cycle per the revenue share model.

Are there any rules/guidelines around pricing information? What is the upper limit for the app installation charge?

There are no upper limits for app pricing. However, we might review and advise on the pricing and app content to ensure the content and pricing are competitive enough to increase customer traction towards the app.

Can I convert my existing apps on the Freshworks Platform to paid apps?

Yes, you can. The apps built on Freshworks can be converted to paid apps by submitting the app through the app review process to list them on the marketplace as a paid app. Refer to how to modify your free app to paid app for more details

Can I change my app pricing information once the app is live?

Yes, you can. We do support pricing changes once your app once it is live on Marketplace. You can add a new version of the app by editing the app listing and while at it, you can change the pricing information. Refer to how to edit pricing information for more details.
We do recommend using “What’s New Feature” for communicating pricing change for better user experience.

What happens to the existing users/installation of the app if I change the pricing information?

Once pricing is changed by app developers with the new versionThe app users will be able to see the app update information. When pricing is changed, from the next month new pricing for each customer is calculated, provided the customer updates the app to the newer version.

Freshworks App Policies

What are the terms of service?

Refer to the terms of service to know more.

What are the terms that developers must adhere to?

Refer to the App Marketplace section under terms of service to know more.

What happens when apps don’t adhere to the terms?

Refer to the Cancellation and Termination section under the terms of service.

How does Freshworks communicate violations?

Refer to the Cancellation and Termination section under terms of service to know more.

Unless legally prohibited, Freshworks will use commercially viable efforts to contact the developer through email before communicating any foregoing actions. If there is a possibility to rectify any breach or violation, developers would also be notified through email to fix the violation within 15 days from the day of the notification from the Freshworks review team ((unless a shorter cure period is required by Freshworks to mitigate imminent and material damage to Developer, Freshworks, the Developer Portal, or the App Marketplace)

If my app is removed, will current users be able to access the app?

Refer to the Effect of Termination and Wind Down Period section under terms of service to know more.

What happens after I receive a termination notice?

Refer to the Effect of Termination and Wind Down Period section under terms of service to know more.

Data Privacy and Security

What are the privacy and security practices I need to adhere to get my app approved?

Refer to the “2.11 Privacy and Security of App” and “4. CONFIDENTIALITY” section under terms of service to know more.

Support Queries

How do I contact Developer Partner Support?

For any queries and support, please reach out to: support@freshworks.com

How do I contact Developer Support?

For any support-related queries or questions, post on the Freshworks Developer Community

Who do I contact if I have any payment-related questions?

For any payment-related questions, drop an email to: support@freshworks.com